Skip to main content

Teaching Students to Teach

Image via powerpointfan.blogspot.com
Been thinking about ways to get my students motivated. I came up with an idea I believed would help them to learn and to see how learning takes place. My students had to create a learning template using Powerpoint. They were instructed to teach others how to do something. We started off with a topic as simple as how to brush your teeth. They had to include videos they made themselves using Windows Movie maker as well as find a video online. Lastly, they had to link the PowerPoint to a website that would help give more instruction on the topic.

They began this assignment by choosing a topic and writing down three things they wanted the person to learn. They used these subtopics to create questions which they then answered by linking to the above media.

It was a great assignment. The students as well as myself learned something new about the topics and we even found information that we didn't know existed.

I love educational technology and online learning because they have so much possibility and potential to help students learn in a way which also helps them to become thinkers and producers. Click on the links and enjoy the presentations made for your convenience. Please feel free to comment and suggest improvements.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos - Google+

Photos - Google+ I am loving the idea of making wreaths.  I love artsy-craftsy things and designing them.  Having fun learning about  how to make things for the home.

God's Wonderful Creation

I have found a slice of heaven on earth at least for me that is. I decided that I needed to get closer to God so I started communing with him at the beach everyday--early in the morning. What was so great about this was when I finished reading, praying and praising God, I got so much clarity about my life and life in general. It was a great experience, one I wondered why it took me so long to figure out. Anyway, after going to the beach I decided to up the anty and try a well-known garden hide-away in Chicago called the Japanese gardens. I have been going there for about a week now and decided, since I'm a somewhat amateur photographer to document my time there in my journal and through pictures. Here are a few pics I took--I could not possibly capture all the magic and wonder of this place, but I did my best. I hope you like them. And yes, the place is as surreal as it looks. From this experience, all I can say is find a "special" place to meet with God daily. Yo

What in the World is the World Coming To?

As a matter of fact! Been thinking about what is happening in the world and wanted to share with you some of my concerns. Why am I being such a "Debbie Downer?" Because I believe that it is important that young people understand what is going on in the world and how they can make changes to it. "Ignorance is not bliss." If they are inheriting this world, they need to start thinking about their part in it and how they can make change to make a better world. Watch the videos below about some of the concerns I have. These are just a few but a good start. "Drinking and Driving Drunk"